Welcome to Oakwood Psychology Services
We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, providing evidence-based psychological therapies for private and NHS clients, for effective help with a range of issues.
Therapy is offered in-person in two locations in Stockport. We also offer counselling by telephone, email or instant chat.
To book an appointment at either of our locations, click here or ring the office on 0161 456 6799.
About Our Service
We use a variety of personally tailored approaches including, but not limited to:
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Integrative psychotherapy
- EMDR therapy
- Person-centred counselling
- Solution-focussed therapy
- Psychoeducation courses
- Guided self help groups
- Creative arts therapies
Areas We Can Help You With
- Anger management
- Child-related issues
- Eating disorders and weight distress issues
- Health-related issues
- Identity problems
- Mental health
- Personal development
- Post-traumatic stress
- Self esteem
- Self harm
- Weight management
- Work-related issues
Why Choose Us
- We are a BACP Accredited Counselling and Psychotherapy Service.
- We are a BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) Member organisation.
- All our qualified therapists are registered with BACP or HCPC.
- We are passionate about supporting emotional well-being and reducing stigma around mental health.
- We have a Dietician on hand for patients with eating disorders.
- We are based in two convenient locations in Stockport near public transportation and with a private car park at our main office.
- We are a not-for-profit social enterprise.
- We carry out highly selective recruitment processes for all staff and trainees.
- We are HSCIC Information Governance Level 2 compliant.
What Our Clients Say
“It has been a great experience for me, everything went smoothly, and I felt the one-to-one contact was very helpful.”
“When you come here you believe that you are able to get better.”
“Telephone therapy has been so much more helpful than I could have imagined as it allows you to feel safe in your own space when discussing difficult things. I have opened up much more than I would if I was in the same room as a therapist.”
“My therapist was very easy to talk to – empathy in abundance.”
“They made me feel relaxed and very comfortable in talking about my problems.”
“I have enjoyed being able to ‘vent my spleen’ to someone other than family. My counsellor listened to me and made logical comments to assist me dealing with issues that affect my eating habits.”
“I have seen other therapists in the past, but E has been the only one to help me change. I’m very grateful and feel completely different after our sessions.”
“I am eternally grateful and there is nothing I would do to improve the services.”
“I could not have done it without my therapist.”
“I think it is a great service. I am very thankful for everything you have done for me.”
“My therapist helped me find distance from the eating disorder and find myself again.”
“[I was supported as a carer and] someone who was lost and at breaking point. This service allowed and encouraged me to care for myself more and not just look at everything in terms of what the sufferer needs.”
“Excellent service. Wish I had done it years ago.”
“Thank you! You really helped me.”
“My therapist was very understanding with brilliant ideas, also the room the sessions were held in was very homely and had a good atmosphere.”
“Friendly staff… amazing. Very understanding with no judgement.”
“I just want to say thank you for helping me save my life. I don’t want to think about where I’d be without Oakwood’s help, so thank you!!”
“I thought the service was excellent. I felt my therapist really cared for me and I didn’t feel at all judged for what I was going through, allowing me to be really honest.”
“This experience has been incredibly helpful to me, physically, emotionally and mentally. I have felt very understood and relaxed about opening up about my issues… I think the fact that you can also have your appointment on the phone to be very useful and helpful too.”
“The counselling sessions have been initially difficult but ultimately very rewarding. It’s not easy looking at yourself in the mirror and accepting what you see.”