- This event has passed.
Scrap Booking for Self-Discovery
June 11, 2019 @ 11:00 am - July 2, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
This four week course helps you build confidence in your own imagination and creativity. You will begin a colourful scrapbook that you can keep at the end. The book will be used to explore and resolve difficult feelings. You will take an emotional journey using life experience to make your goals for the future start to materialise.
The course will be held over four weeks starting from the 11th June from 11am-1pm at the Stockport Quaker Meeting House and will be facilitated by Ellie Fretwell, MA (English Language & Literature, University of Oxford), PG Dip. (Psychological Studies, University of Bolton), Dip. (Counselling Studies, Stockport College); Specialist Certificate in Online Therapy (Online Therapy Institute), MBACP (Accred.).
Here are just some of the comments left by people who have completed the course:
- It’s a great way to make time for yourself & it encourages you to do so out of group.
- Interesting to put images to thoughts – a creative way to think and dig deeper into why we do the things we do. A nice balance of silent and non-silent activities and a great way to learn a little more about yourself. With thanks for the opportunity.
- Really enjoyed doing the activities, allowing me to think and take ownership of my own feelings and allow me to make time for myself.
- During this course I learned that I can still draw, something I haven’t done for 16 years. Ellie doesn’t push when feeling uncomfortable, which helps very well with calming down. Felt relaxed and Ellie is easy to talk to.
- I really enjoyed it. Both Ellie and the others were/are lovely. Would definitely recommend this to anyone else. I liked using the resources a lot and felt safe in the environment created.