Coping Skills Psycho-education Group
This therapy group can be accessed by self-referral. Comprised of ten weekly sessions, the Coping Skills group is designed to help people with bulimia, compulsive eating and anorexia develop new and better ways of coping with specific emotional and relational issues, factors that can have a powerful influence on eating behaviour. This group does not directly address how to change eating or purging behaviours.
This group may be suitable if you:
- have already had some treatment for an eating disorder and are looking for a "top-up" to help manage lapses
- have been recently diagnosed with an eating disorder that developed within the past few months
- are in recovery and want to learn more about yourself and how emotions and relationship patterns influence your body image and eating behaviour
This group is not suitable if you:
- have a severe eating disorder
- have major depression or other mental health difficulty
- have a BMI below 17.5
- are currently in treatment with another provider
Please contact us if you are interested in registering for this group. Self-referred client client price is £150 for ten sessions. You will be required to attend a brief preliminary meeting with one of the group counsellors prior to the group starting to discuss your needs and what the group has to offer. Please click here to book an initial appointment.
Coping Skills group is offered three times a year at Oakwood House. The next group starts on 10th April 2013 6.30pm-8.00pm
You can download the information sheet for Coping Skills Psycho-education Group: Download here